Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fitness Week 2 - Days 4-7


W2D4 – Wednesday, January 18 – Jillian Michaels Level 2
I wanted to Body Rock today, but I forgot to watch the video last night and write down what I would be doing. So Jillian it is.

So here is what I was able to do: #1st set – exercise – 2nd set
stretching
1st circuit 
7 (7) – walking planks – 6 (7)
27/5lbs (27/5lbs ) – static squat & dumbbell rows (open) – 15/5lbs (15/5lbs )
high knees/mountain climbers
12 each (15) – crunch alternating leg lift (didn't count last time)
2nd circuit
 24/5lbs (22/5lbs ) – static lunge & dumbbell row (closed) – 24/5lbs (18/5lbs )
24/5lbs (10/5lbs ) – pendulum lunge & hammer curl – 13/5lbs (13/5lbs )
oblique twist / skaters
12 (14) – leg lifts
16 (13) – double crunch
3rd circuit
12/5lbs (16/5lbs)military press & leg extension – 14/3lbs (15/3lbs)
20/3lbs (20/5lbs) – squat & V raise – 19/3lbs (19/3lbs)
plank jacks/ double jump rope
27 (10) plank twists

Yup, this woman makes me sweat buckets. There is no denying it. Not at all. Full body sweat. It is sexy. Just trust me. Here is to another good day of eating healthy.

I did it. I ate healthy all day. And when my afternoon/evening cravings started (nope not pregs, just hungry from about 5 to 8 almost every night) I had a cup of steamed broccoli. Then when I was still hungry, I had another cup of broccoli. Smart. Take that. And Matt threw away the Hershey kisses that were still lingering from Christmas. Another win for my belly. Speaking of which, I think it is getting happier, more defined. It still has a good layer of fluff on top, but it looks nice from the view from above.

W2D5 – Thursday, January 19 – ZUMBA, Body Rock Week 2, Day 1
So I was watching the video for today and Lisa (trainer) was talking about how it is important to do the second workout with Sean.  He leads the weight lifting workout. They look so much worse than Lisa’s workout. I don’t know if I really want to do Sean’s workout. I don’t think I committed to that. So I have been thinking of adding something else to my routine. Today I am adding ZUMBA. I have the DVDs, and I like dancing, and there is a 20-minute workout. So as long as wake up better than yesterday (which was grumpy) I will be dancing in the morning.  I am thinking ZUMBA first, then Body Rock.

What you are looking at is 3 rounds of burpees – x3. Sounds like murder.

Here is what I was able to do:
20 minutes ZUMBA 
3 sets/ 4/ 4 - Burpee + Tuck Jump x2 & 10 x Straight Punches
3 sets/ 3/ 3 - Burpee + Tuck Jump x2 & 10 x Hook Punches
4 sets/ 3/ 3 - Burpee + Tuck Jump x2 & 2 x Straight Punches + 2 x Hook Punches
5 sets/ 4/  - 2 x Mid Abs + 2 x Bag Touch Abs

Oh my. That was an intense 34 minutes. I did it. 20 minutes ZUMBA, and 12 minute Body Rock. Holy cow. The sweat was everywhere. I learned a lesson today – workout with ZUMBA or Jillian first, and then Body Rock. On other mornings when I have wanted to do a second workout, I couldn’t find the energy after Body Rock. But ZUMBA first, and Body Rock was fine afterwards. Interesting.

W2D6 – Friday, January 20 – ZUMBA, Body Rock Week 2, Day 2
YAY FOR FRIDAY!!! And I was able to sleep in and still workout! It is the end of final exam week, and I don’t have any make-up exams today, and my department head said, come in a little late today. Normally I am in by 6:45. Today I will be done working out at 6:45 and be in to work by 8. It is a nice change for a few times a year.
So I forgot to watch the video last night, but I have time today…

Here is what I was able to do:
20 minutes ZUMBA 
6/5 – Box Jump + 1/2 Burpee (Alternative sides)
25/21 – Switch Lunges
6/5 – 3 point jumps + R & L Knee to Elbow
9/9 – Tricep Dips + Knee Tuck
12/0 – Side Leap (touch one foot, skip leg to side, touch one foot, kinda like squat jumps)
5/0 – Walking Pike Push-ups

Halfway through and I couldn’t breathe at all. I paused. For about 45 seconds or 90 maybe. And then I quit. Which made me feel bad. But I couldn’t do it. It was hard. I was so out of breath. And I am so sweaty – sweatier than I have ever been with one of these workouts. There are sweat marks on the table where my arms are resting. It is foul. And the sweat dripping down my crack, H.O.T.

Anyway, today is going to be a long day. Work this morning. I am not staying the whole day, again no students, and very little work I can do. Also, I have to be back at 4 for basketball tonight. So I won’t be home until 9pm. And since I won’t be home, I won’t be able to snack on food I don’t want! HURRAH! One of the only positives of these long days. But I am coming home in the middle of the day so I am not at school the whole time. Staying until 2:45 drove me nuts yesterday.

Oh man today was a bad day. Just everything that could go wrong did. I wasn’t making bad decisions; just things weren’t going exactly right. And there were no solutions to be had. Oh well. I let it go. And ate healthy in spite of it.

W2D7 – Saturday, January 21 – Rest.
That’s right. Today is my day off. I worked out every day this week. That is ANOTHER week of FOLLOW THROUGH! WIN! And I am very happy about this. All I have to do is eat healthy today. Check & check.

No comments:

Post a Comment