Saturday, January 14, 2012

Body Rock - Week 1 - Days 4-7 (8)

W1D4 - Tuesday, January 10 - Body Rock Day 2
4 days until I turn 29. 
Today's workout is a 12 minute program. 50 seconds on 10 seconds rest. I watched the video last night explaining how to do it and I broke out in a cold sweat from fear... but I will do this first thing in the morning (CRAZY) anyway. I just have to remember how happy I was yesterday. It looks so intimidating! RIGHT! HELP! It's okay, she showed us ways to do each exercise and at a slower pace it looks manageable.

So here is what I was able to do: 
Jillian Michaels stretching
2 sets - 10 x High Knees & 10 x Mountain Climbers
3 sets - 2 x Squat Jumps & 2 x Push-ups & 1 x Tuck Jumps
4 sets - Center to Elbow Jump (L&R) & 2 x leg jumps
4 sets - Press Up &  2 Squat jumps
2 sets - Tuck Jumps x 5 & ½ Burpee & squat hold x 5 - BREATHING HARD NOW
20 - Push up - FOR REAL!
25 - Switch Lunge
7 sets - Side Lunge x 2 & L & R Side Punch  & 2 Tuck Jumps
1 set - 10 x Squat & 10 x Squat Jumps
2 sets - Elbow to Knee jumps 10 x each side
20 - Wide leg jumps & Push up
 - Speed run

Oh sh*t that was so hard. It took me close to 20 minutes to complete this because I kept looking at the video to understand what I was doing.  Maybe I will write it out in words I understand for tomorrow.
Moment of honesty - I had every intention of working out with Jillian today out of fear for Body Rock. But I didn't. I Body Rocked instead. I am more capable than I give myself credit. Also, and I thought this was interesting, I woke up before my alarm - kind of like I was excited to work out!!! NICE!

And then I have been hungry all day long. I noticed this yesterday too. After working out first thing in the morning I get very hungry earlier in the day. I was never starving like this before. I don't entirely understand it. It shouldn't have that much to do with it. Right? Am I losing it? Whatever. I bought a 5 lb. bag of clementines and brought them to work for free snacks. Shame they don't fill me up like carbs. Oh wells.

AND I tracked my food today.

W1D5 - Wednesday, January 11 - Body Rock Day 3
Oh this is going to be hard. I can't decide if I am upset because I don't have all the equipment required or disappointed because I kind of want all the stuff. But do I really? Who knows. And we both know that if I buy the equipment I will probably end up quitting. So I am going to keep doing the modified movements and I am happy as long as I keep going.

Lisa (my online trainer) wants me to work out with Sean (the other trainer) afterwards. I think it is a bad plan. So I will get to the end of the workout with Lisa and then decide if I am going to add 2 circuits from Jillian's workout.


So here is what I was able to do: (these are with my modifications)
Jillian Michaels stretching
10 - Superman Push-ups (lift opposite arm and leg between each push-up)
10 - Push-up’s & L&R knee to elbow touch(my arms are already killing me from yesterday)
20 - Squat & Press
3 sets - Clean & Press + Jump Forward + 3 x Squat Jumps
15 - Push-ups (seriously again?)
8 - Side Jump Burpee + 2 knee to elbow Oblique Abs + Tuck Jump Centre (Alternate Sides)
8 sets - Forward Lunge + Side Lunge + Knee Lift. (Alternate Legs)
6 sets - Push-up (arms close to body) & Burpee up to ceiling press + Sumo L&R Knee Touch.
18 - Tricep Dip + knee lifts
12 - Sit-ups

18 - Squats
Speed Run

HOLY COW. I made it. The beginning was rough. My arms cannot take any more push ups at all. I don't think I will be able to do more tomorrow. My arms are just killing me. And that sprint at the end? The longest 50 second interval. But I have time and I am not exhausted. So some more Jillian please.

20 - Squat & pres with 3lb weight. (As if I haven't done enough of these)
18 - Dumbbell Rows with 3lb
20 - Forward Lunges with bicep curls with 3lb
20 - Dumbbell Rows with 5lb
2 minutes cardio - butt kicks, punches
20 each side - oblique situps 
18 - chest flys with 5lb
12 - chest flys with 5lb (then I was attacked by dogs :)
2 minutes cardio - jumping jacks, butt kicks, punches, jumping jacks
30 - bicycle crunches
stretch

So this morning I learned something very valuable. I can do level 1 no problem. Monday night I was talking to Colleen about how level 1 still made me winded (it has always been my go to workout during my not working out regularly routine). But today it felt more like a cooldown (because I didn't do all the intervals but I still did most of the exercises). So it is time to move up to LEVEL 2!!!! But maybe not after a Body Rock morning...

I have to stop cheating on food. It is the one part of this that desperately needs help. Today a student bought pizza for his lunch (not from the cafeteria I do have standards) and offered me a piece. Instead of saying "no thank you" I took the smallest piece. But then I ate it all! Why didn't I give it to another student? Or just eat a bite - as in ONE BITE! - and then get rid of it? Who knows. The lunch I had packed for myself was super healthy since I know Matt & I are going out for dinner tonight. But NOOOOO I ate the slice of pizza. 8 points. down the drain. That I can't get back. And this week is a hard week too! We are eating out tonight and Friday night. And Saturday is my birthday and people are coming over. OH GEEZ. I knew I wouldn't lose that much weight this week, but seriously. WHAT WAS I THINKING?>>!@#>@#$?#?#$%

W1D6 - Thursday, January 12 - Body Rock Day 4 Jillian Michaels Level 2

I am actually looking forward to this workout - crazy talk this is. And then I remembered that the push-ups were so hard yesterday. So I will be doing Jillian Michaels Level 2 instead. I hope there are not a ton of push-ups. Fingers crossed for me. And today - only smart food decisions.


So here is what I was able to do: #1st set - exercise - #2nd set
stretching
1st circuit 
5 - walking planks - 5
15 (3lbs) - static squat & dumbbell rows (open) - 17 (3lbs)
high knees/mountain climbers
crunch alternating leg lift
2nd circuit
16 (3lbs) - lunge & dumbbell row (closed) - 15 (5lbs)
16 (3lbs) - pendulum lunge & hammer curl - 13 (5lbs)
oblique twist / skaters
8 - leg lifts
10 - double crunch
3rd circuit
15 (5lbs) - military press & leg extension - 14 (3lbs)
18 (5lbs) - squat & V raise - 19 (3lbs)
plank jacks/ double jump rope
10 plank twists

Somewhere between the 1st & 2nd circuits Bones had really bad diarrhea. I had to stop for 5 minutes and clean it up. The smell permeated the entire house. I couldn't get rid of it. Gross.
Then I loved this moment at the beginning of circuit three when sweat dripped into my eye. I could breathe the whole time, but sweating so much more than any other day. WIN!!

I was really good today. I ate only my healthy lunch! A student gave me candy and I didn't eat it! HUZZAH! I AM AWESOME! I made cupcakes tonight for someone's daughter's birthday party this weekend. I didn't eat any cupcakes. I did taste the batter.

BEASTLY INTERNET! - I just wrote so much & it didn't save.
ROAR!

W1D7 - Friday, January 13 - Body Rock Day 4 Jillian Michaels Level 2
Did you notice that? That's right. I didn't work out today... it's Friday. And my body hurts. Specifically my back is very sore - not in the I might have hurt myself way, but in my muscles feel like they are getting a beating way. In a good way. If only I had thought about this information last night/this morning when I made this decision. Because the rest of the day was filled with less than great decisions.

We celebrated a birthday (someone else's) at work with ice cream. I only ate 1/2 a cup. I threw away the rest!! HIGH FIVE! Then I went to the bar with friends to celebrate:
1 - Friday
2 - final exams
3 - pay day
4 - 3 day weekend
5 - oh yea, that tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY!!!

I was really good too! I ate chicken and spinach before I left work (healthy lunch CHECK!) so at the bar I didn't eat that much. I had a beer, a little spinach dip, & a handful of french fries. Not bad. And I didn't feel bad about it.
For dinner my Moms took Matt & I out for dinner. It was one of the nicest gifts I received. I love my Moms. So we went to Gordon Biersch - its a brewery. I was good again. We shared fried calamari, and then Matt and I split dinner. We had a spinach salad (dressing on the side - saved a lot of calories) & then lobster mac'n'cheese.  I didn't eat the bread or finish the bowl! Nice work me! HIGH FIVE!


W1D8 - Saturday, January 14 - MY 29th BIRTHDAY!!!
It's my BIRTHDAY!!!! I am 29 today! I am a big fan of birthdays. I think the only reason that my department celebrates birthdays at all is because I love them sooo much. And I am okay with that!
So today I woke up BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY! And then I made a very healthy breakfast of scramble eggs with onion, mushrooms, spinach, and chicken (only 4 WW points!).
Then Mom & I went out for errands and boy were we successful! Let's see, in order we went and tried on glasses for Mom (found some we liked), bought a tie for Matt, visited my school to wash my contacts, went to a bird center (for Mom), bought fancy bread (with spinach and onion), bought fat quarters (for quilting), went home for grilled cheese sandwiches on fancy bread with Matt, went back out for Dunkin Donuts, and a yarn store. All by 1:30. It was a wonderful birthday morning!

This was the part of the day that I thought I was going to both workout and shower. I didn't do either. (Sorry to the people who were at my house.) I found the TV and internet. Aren't those my normal excuses? Yes. So my free time disappeared and it was time to make chicken pot pies. Which I did. and then when I was cleaning up, my friends started showing up! For my birthday, we had friends over to play games. We play every few months, boys v. girls. Last night we were 3 v. 6. And amazingly I think the boys might have won more games than the ladies. I don't get it, but we weren't keeping that much track.


So this was my week. It was wonderful. I worked out 4 days out of 7. That's very good for week 1. Matt is worried about me. He thinks I might overdo it (which I might). He wanted me to take it more slowly this week. So I did (by accident). This week I want to workout 5 days and not take my days off together. And to keep tracking my food - it makes me more aware of what I am eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment