Month 5Weight: 16 lbs. 4 oz.
Month 6Weight: 16 lbs. 14 oz. 70 percentile
Height: 27.75 inches 97 percentile Weight to Height - 15 percentile
Head: 44 cm. 85 percentile
- Eliana can sit. All by herself. CRAZY. She started the month wobbling, but can now stabilize herself while sitting. She sat for an hour on the floor this afternoon unassisted. And while she is down there she reaches and plays with toys. Anything she can get her hands on and then into her mouth. I can sit her on the floor and wash dishes and she stays put. It's crazy how fast she is growing.
- Solids. They are AMAZING! Eliana loves to eat (not surprising). She loves green beans, squash, and sweet potatoes. Carrots were iffy at best. She ate apples too many days in a row and the acid did a number on her tush. Bananas, pears, and peaches have been hits as well. She tolerates oatmeal, and more if I add fruits to it. She has also started eating a little meat in her purees. She will eat almost anything it seems. Good.
- Eliana loves daycare. She loves sitting with the other babies and talking to them. She also loves all the noisy toys she doesn't have at all. I felt bad, and bought her two for at home... When I pick her up in the afternoon she gives Marilyn a hug and then reaches for me. It makes the whole day worth it. I think once of my favorite parts is when other children come and say goodbye to her when we leave.
- WORDS. They have started! Dada happened this morning!!! Not directed at Matt, but still said out loud. Da da da da da da da da. And sticking her tongue out to spit.
- Eliana has been chewing on our fingers for weeks. Then two weeks ago, she was chewing on my finger, and it hurt. There was something sharp in there. She wouldn't let me look at it for a few days. But once I did, there were TWO TEETH hanging out right there in front! Just waiting to say hello. She never complained about them coming in or had a fever. It was more of a surprise to me than anything else.
- We have been trying to get her to nap in her crib. Last weekend, I fought her for two hours and then I finally won. It has been lovely to have her nap in her own room, away from the noise. In fact, it is that skill that is allowing me to write right now.
Long and short of it is. these first six months have gone by so very quickly. I miss my itty bitty baby girl. But I adore the big girl who smiles, giggles, and plays with me. I cannot remember what my life was like without her. And I don't really want to. She has been the best gift ever. (I hope I remember this moment in 14 years....)