Sunday, January 27, 2013

Baby Shower #2

I have some amazing friends. I knew that. But you didn't, or maybe you did... hmmm. Anyway, I digress.

Colleen and I have been friends for a long time. But when became very close a few years ago. I think it probably started when she and I started going to country concerts together. I don't know if she knows this, but at one of our first concerts I got sick from not eating, drinking, and the insane heat. I think I must have passed out in the shade, because I remember strangers bringing me water.  But again I digress. Now we are lucky enough to work together. I look forward to that part every day.

So Colleen hosted a Baby Shower for me and Baby Girl at her lovely Mom's house. No matter how many times I asked if I could do anything to help out, she shot me down. She made a diaper cake that I am still amazed by. I refuse to take it apart. 


No lie. I was nervous beforehand. I had friends coming from college as well as local and work friends. I was overwhelmed by the number of people who love us. Not the worst thing in the world to be nervous about. But in the end, it was perfect. I was surrounded by people I love and who love Baby Girl & I. 

The whole shower was my idea of heaven. From the games to the food. We played Bingo, trivia, categories, and they all put bets on when Baby Girl will arrive and how big she will be. I hope they bet small and early. I mean, a girl can hope right?!?!?! And let's talk food! Macaroni & cheese, sandwiches, fruit, and butternut squash!!! My Mom made it for us! And unfortunately, there weren't any leftovers. Sad face. And Jen made CUPCAKES!!! I love POPPYCAKES! Dark chocolate with salted caramel buttercream and fudge icing. And champagne cupcakes. How could a girl complain at all?! I loved eating them for the last week!

The best present we got? All the BOOKS! I know you thought we had enough books. But we don't. No such thing! 

Check out the original list of books we had. And here are the new books!!!!
  • Pat the Bunny
  • Llama Llama Red Pajama
  • Sammy Spider (2)
  • Where the Wild Things Are (EN)
  • Barnyard Dance
  • My Little Pony Throws a Party
  • Where the Wild Things Are (SP)
  • Eric Carle Books (2)
  • Good Dog Carl
  • I Ruff You
  • Belly Laughs (Jenny McCarthy)
  • Snow Day for Jingle
  • Too Purple
  • Dr. Suess books (ABC & Sleep)
  • Love You Forever
  • Going to Bed Book
  • Caterpillar & Butterfly book
  • Baby Care Bible
  • Cat & Butterfly book
  • Good Night Gorilla
  • Classic Storybook
  • Terp book
  • Winnie the Pooh stories
  • The Bro Code for Parents
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
We also got a lot of other very useful presents. I think we are set on bath time supplies. Almost. And we have a few diapers now. I should do a show and tell on our diapers. We did at the shower. And we got some amazing homemade quilts. They are getting their own post. No worries. But I know that there are two more in the works, so I thought I would wait on that post. 

So THANK YOU!!! To my friends and family! We feel so very loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment