So when we started looking at the calendar for Fall 2012, we knew we had to find a time to make that work and get back to Orlando. So we found two weekends, and picked one. And we invited our boys this time. So Matt & John came with us and we made a long weekend out of a professional day (to finish 1st quarter grades and plan for 2nd quarter) and election day.
We left Friday night and got into our condo (Colleen's parents' timeshare) between Friday night and Saturday morning. And went straight to bed.
Saturday morning the ladies got up and went to the grocery store to get food for breakfast and snacks at the park. John is one picky eater (because he eats very healthy) so we wanted to make sure there would be food for him. Then Leela met us and we were off to Epcot!
This year I (we) ate:
- Argentina - beef empanada & Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée
- Austrailia - Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
- Caribbean Islands - Jerk Spiced Chicken Drumstick with Mango Chutney (I ate two - one was supposed to be for Matt, but I ate it)
- China - Mongolian Beef with Chinese Steamed Bun
- Hops & Barley (New England) - Perfect Maine Lobster Roll
- Ireland - Lobster and Seafood Fisherman’s Pie & Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey’s Ganache
- Japan - California Roll
- Mexico - Crispy Shrimp Taco with Chipotle Lime Mayo and Cabbage Served on a Flour Tortilla & Taco de Filete with Cascabel Pepper Sauce and Scallions Served on a Flour Tortilla
- Poland - Kielbasa & Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream & Zapiekanki-Toasted Mushroom, Caramelized Onion and Cheese Bread with House Made Ketchup
- Belguim - Steamed Mussels in Hoegaarden Beer Broth and Baguette
- Canada - Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup & “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce
- France - Coq au Vin sur Gratin de Macaroni & Créme Brûlée au Chocolat au Lait
- Greece - Greek Salad with Pita Bread, Griddled Greek Cheese with Pistachios and Honey, Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki, &, Spanakopita
- Italy - Ravioli di Formaggio All’emiliana (Baked Cheese Ravioli, Creamy Beef Bolognese, Parmesan, Mozzarella)
- Japan - Sukiyaki Beef Pan (Marinated Thinly Sliced Rib Eye with Sauteed Onions and Teriyaki Sauce Served in a Bun)
- Morocco - Kefta Pocket (Ground Seasoned Beef in a Pita Pocket) - Matt ate that, but the smell bothered me
- South Africa - Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce & Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket
Let's see here... we did more than just eat... we rode two rides (there aren't many at Epcot). The one about food production at Disney and the one where you feel like you are hang-gliding over California. They also rode Space Mountain, but alas, I cannot.
Sunday, we slept in and then spent an hour at the pool. Followed by an hour looking for the football games. Epic fail. Went to Chili's for lunch. Saw Leela's new house. Met Colleen's cousin for dinner. Then we went to Downtown Disney and walked around.
Monday, we got up early (8am) and went to Animal Kingdom.
And we went on the Safari again and saw lots of animals.
Monday night we had to come back home - because some cop had to work on Tuesday. BOOO! Until next year Epcot. And then we will bringing our little monkey! But she isn't so little anymore....