Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lookie what I did last night!

OMG. I am AMAZING!!!!!!!! Not to toot my own horn. But I did something awesome last night. It involves me, my sewing machine, and 8 little pieces of fabric.... Curious?

Well, so was I! And I forgot to take pictures in the process until I was close to the end. But lookie lookie what I did! I made TRIANGLES!

So the process was easy, relatively. I cut 4 - 2.5 inch squares from 2 fabrics. I placed two squares - different fabrics - right sides together and I drew a line down the center diagonally. I sewed them together on both sides of the line and then cut down the line. Making a square!

Repeat 4 times! Then I started sewing them together. And all of a sudden, I had a cute little square that I put together.




Now don't judge my cute little square. I am fully aware that the two inside triangles were sewn on backwards. I couldn't believe I did that. And then I wasn't willing to rip it out, because I was just trying to sew triangles. But do you see how square (ish) that square is? Everywhere except the bottom... 

So let's see here.... stars and triangles in one month? SERIOUSLY AWESOME!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment