Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Bed rest

So the baby is due to arrive this weekend. As if you can predict or decide when a baby is actually going to show up. What a brat. JK I love her. 

So we have spent the last two Mondays thinking that it was time. Two Monday's ago, it was surreal. We were just following directions - they said if you are having contractions at regular intervals for more than an hour, call and then go get checked out. I forgot about the more painful than anything you ever experienced part. And they sent us home. 

Yesterday, it was painful. The contractions woke me up. And kept me up. I felt like I was being punished. And punched repeatedly in the vagina. Every few minutes. I didn't like it at all. So I called the Dr. and gave her the information. She told me to go in and get checked out. So we did. I have been 60% effaced for three weeks, but I am not dilating at all. These contractions helped start the process, but I am still only.... WAIT FOR IT!!!!.... 1 cm dilated. Wah wah wah wah. So we walked the hospital for an hour or so and then got sent home again. 

Now let me tell you, the contractions didn't ease up until the afternoon. And it is now tomorrow (from yesterday) and while the contractions are less painful (minor-ly) they are still happening. 

So I stayed home from work yesterday. I actually went in for 2 hours to meet with my sub and pass things off to him officially. But it made everyone nervous. I was told to get in, do my stuff, and get back out. Even though I told them that I was not in active labor. Didn't matter. 

The people at school don't want me back. Not while this baby is still inside me. Not at all. Because I have been having contractions. They are worried she will drop out at any point throughout the day. Which I wish would happen. So I had to bully the Dr. this afternoon. Bed rest or bust! We were practicing today. I have some amazing support here at home! But starting tomorrow, it is official - and I am at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment