Sunday, March 25, 2012

Boy Scout Cupcakes

So in true Deborah fashion, this weekend got away from me and on Sunday I tried my best to catch up.
Yesterday I finished my quilt rows before I went and saw my high school's musical this spring, Legally Blonde. It was wonderful. I loved it. Then I met my wonderful husband and friends for the Hunger Games. Again, it was wonderful. It was a lot less violent than it could have been. I missed the narration that Katniss provides during the book. The movie was missing that aspect. Then we were home by 10 and I kept working on that quilt top.

Then today I quilted and quilted and quilted. I added the borders. I finished my quilt top this afternoon. And 5 minutes later, I remembered that I was supposed to make cupcakes for my department. So I whipped something together based on the snacks we have in the house.

Introducing Boy Scout Cupcakes!
I started with my favorite chocolate cake batter recipe. Instead of filling up the liners, I only filled them halfway. Then I filled them with trail mix. Yup, that's right. M&Ms, choco chips, peanuts, and raisins. The raisins made me a little nervous, but I went with it. Then I filled up the cupcakes with batter. Baked at 350 for 18 minutes.

Ingredients:

  • Devil’s Food Cake Mix
  • 3 eggs
  • ½ cup oil
  • ¼ cup milk
  • ½ cup water
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 1 cup sour cream
Cook 18 minutes. 

 For the frosting, I went with my theme. And I thought, what else do Boy Scout's need? Marshmallows! And I have Fluff! So I googled it a few times and this is what I went with.


Ingredients:
  • 6 tbsp butter (softened)
  • 1/2 jar fluff
  • 2/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Cream that stuff up. It was the perfect amount for 12 cupcakes. I started by piping, but was quickly running out, so I went back and spread it out. And because I had more trail mix (and Matt wanted it OUT of the house) I decorated the cupcakes.

I hope we don't have allergies tomorrow so they get gobbled up. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment