Sunday, March 25, 2012

What did you do today? I finished my...

QUILT TOP!!! Oh yes I did! The whole top is done and ready to be sandwiched into a quilt. I finished piecing all the rows together, and then added not one but TWO borders! And let me tell you, I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Even Matt said "Oh wow!" I know! Incredible! So I know you want to see the pictures right? It is soooooo pretty!

 So, I have my rows all laid out and ready to be sewn together. I sewed the top three rows and the bottom four rows together. Then it was time for borders.


This quit has two borders, an inside and an outside. The inside was a white on cream squiggly design that I love. The inside border is a 1 inch border finished. Borders are unsurprisingly easy. Measure the width of your quilt every 6-8 inches and then take the largest width to be the length of your border. Repeat for the other two sides. This quilt is a square, but for rectangular quilts, always start with your longest sides first. And PIN PIN PIN! Pin the border every few inches so it doesn't move. 

What do you mean this wasn't a blanket for me? And it is not my photo shoot?  Then why did you put the quilt on the floor? Oh it is too big for the dining room table? Personal problem. Deal with it lady.


I mean seriously! How beautiful is that?!?!?!
I think for the back, I am going to use the dark polka dot again. 
I fell in love with it the more I used it in this quilt. 



1 comment: