Saturday, December 1, 2012

Weeks 22 & 23

Pregnancy: 22 & 23 weeks

Weight Gain: 16 pounds at the end of those two weeks. At some point, this information will stop being shared.

Measurements: My boobs are another size up... that's all I will tell you. They went up another size... so crazy.
 
Sleep: I'm getting used to it. My understanding is that I will sleep again in 20 years... But I have been having problems with rolling on my back. Then I move and it hurts like hell! Leg cramps galore. So I am back to 

Cravings: For the last two weeks? It's been Thanksgiving. But that's because we have been celebrating Thanksgiving for the last six weeks. So I want more mashed potatoes - that must be a little better than french fries. I have been eating more meat, which could be the reason I am not having problems pooping anymore.

Feeling: I feel really good.

Movement: All the time! She is a little mover and a shaker.
 
What's going on inside the belly:  
Week 22: She is starting to look like a newborn. The face is developing!! Eyelids, lips, and eyebrows. She is 11 inches long and the size of a spaghetti squash.

We had another appointment this week too! Unfortunately, Matt couldn't make it. So I invited the Grandmothers to come with me. It was wonderful. They met their granddaughter for the first time. And apparently, while sonograms existed at the time, they were not common practice. So they didn't have sonograms with us when we were little. It was a nice thing to share with them!

Week 23: She can hear music and feel me dance. The inner ear stuff is fully formed at this point. Which was perfect for Peter & Roxanne's wedding! She is now a large mango (which feels smaller than a spaghetti squash in my head). And I should be able to see her squirm under my clothing (totally did!). Her lungs are getting ready to prepare for breathing (although that won't happen until she is out).

She is kicking every three seconds or so to the left of my belly button.

No comments:

Post a Comment